Cooking with cannabis : Weed infused taco dinner
Cooking with cannabis is a fantastic way to bring a unique and exciting twist to your favorite recipes. With the growing legalization of marijuana and increased interest in its potential health benefits, more and more people are exploring the world of cannabis-infused cooking. Whether you're looking to make homemade pot brownies, infused honey, or other delicious edibles, there are a few basic things you should know before getting started. In this post, we'll go over the key aspects of cooking with cannabis that you should be aware of to ensure you get the most out of this exciting culinary adventure and then we will share a killer Weed infused taco dinner that you will be excited to share with your friends and family.
Before you start cooking with cannabis, you'll need to undergo a process called decarboxylation. This involves heating your cannabis to a specific temperature (around 220-230°F) in order to activate the THC and other cannabinoids. To decarboxylate your cannabis, you'll need an oven, baking sheet, and some aluminum foil. Here's how to do it:
- Preheat your oven to 220-230°F
- Grind your cannabis buds into a fine powder using a grinder. You can also break the buds up with your hands, but a grinder will give you a more consistent texture.
- Spread the ground cannabis evenly on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Cover the baking sheet with another piece of aluminum foil to keep the heat from escaping.
- Bake the cannabis in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes. This will activate the THC and turn the THCA into THC.
- After 30-40 minutes, remove the cannabis from the oven and let it cool completely. You can now use it in your edibles or oil infusion.
- Store the decarboxylated cannabis in an airtight container in a cool, dark place until ready to use.
- It's important to note that decarboxylation is a critical step in cooking with cannabis, as it allows the THC to be activated and absorbed by the body. So make sure to follow the steps carefully and decarboxylate your cannabis properly before making any edibles or infused oil.
When cooking with cannabis, it's important to use a high-fat ingredient such as oil, butter, or milk. This is because THC is fat-soluble, meaning that it needs to be combined with fat in order to be effective. In addition, high-fat ingredients help to preserve the THC and avoid burning it off, which can reduce the potency of your finished edibles.
One of the most important things to keep in mind when cooking with cannabis is to start with a low dose and gradually increase as needed. A good rule of thumb is to start with 1 gram of cannabis per 1 cup of high-fat ingredient, and then adjust according to your personal needs and tolerance levels. When it comes to dosing, it's always better to err on the side of caution and start with a smaller amount that can be easily increased later if desired.
Low and slow cooking:
To preserve the potency of the THC and other cannabinoids, it's important to keep the temperature low when cooking with cannabis. This means cooking at a temperature below 350°F and for a longer period of time. This helps to avoid burning off the THC, which can reduce the potency of your finished edibles.
When cooking with cannabis, you'll have the choice of using a variety of cannabinoids, including THC and CBD. THC is the compound that is responsible for the psychoactive effects of marijuana, while CBD is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid that is known for its potential health benefits. When choosing which strain to cook with, it's important to consider your personal needs and preferences, as well as any legal restrictions in your area.
By following these basic tips and guidelines, you'll be well on your way to making delicious and potent cannabis-infused edibles right in your own kitchen. Whether you're looking to add a touch of wellness to your cooking or simply want to try something new and exciting, cooking with cannabis is a great way to explore the world of cannabis and discover all the amazing things it has to offer. So grab your apron and saucepan, and get ready to start experimenting with infusion magic!
Today, we're going to share a recipe for a delicious weed-infused taco dinner that is sure to impress your friends and elevate your dining experience.
Here's what you'll need for the weed infused taco filling:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small bell pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons weed, finely ground
And here's what you'll need for the toppings:
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
Step by step instruction for your weed infused taco dinner:
- To begin, heat a large pan over medium-high heat on your stovetop and add the ground beef. Cook the beef until it is browned, breaking it up into small pieces as it cooks.
- Next, add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic to the pan and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper, and cook for another minute.
- Add the water and finely ground weed to the pan and stir to combine. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the filling is fully cooked and the flavors have melded together.
- To assemble the tacos, heat the flour tortillas in a pan or on a griddle until they are warm and pliable.
- Spoon the weed-infused taco filling onto the center of each tortilla and top with shredded cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, guacamole, and cilantro.
- Fold the tortillas in half to enclose the filling and serve hot.
And there you have it folks, a dinner fit for a stoner king or queen! With each bite, you'll feel like you've transported to a psychedelic taco paradise. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. But don't get too carried away, you still have to save room for dessert. Maybe some weed-infused churros or pot brownies? The possibilities are endless. And remember, always start with a low dose and gradually increase as needed. Happy cooking and happy munching! Hope your taste buds are ready for a wild and crazy ride.
Are you a fan of cooking with cannabis and always on the lookout for new and exciting weed-infused dinner ideas? Well, look no further! We have the perfect recipe for you to try. Get your aprons and saucepans ready, because it's time to elevate your dinner game with a delicious Cannabis Infused Pasta Carbonara.